Saturday, March 20, 2010

how can it be..

I sit home alone for a couple of hours. Gray and daddy are at a friend of grays bday party. The girls are headed to see Taylor Swift in concert with Mimi and Pop....their favorite Christmas present ever!

I sit here and try to fold clothes, straighten up, I even tried to sit a look at a magazine...but it just doesnt seem right. I should be doing things to make me better, studying my Bible, exercising, or something. But no i sit here to write some thoughts (electronically).

A college friend passed away this week. Kylee was amazing, in every since of the word. Now when I first met her, I truly felt her never ending energy was weird. It just seemed unnatural for someone to be that energetic all the time. But she was....she was a great athlete (we played volleyball together), great student, and wonderful example of who and what a true woman of God looked like. Her energy and her spirit was from the Lord. Her love for the Lord led her in every motion.

I should try to be more like Kylee, not just her, but more of a Godly woman for my girls to see and follow. Now great, strong women are who have always been around me. My family is full of loud, strong, thoughtful , caring women! I am proud of those women who raised me to be who I am. Now after 33 yrs I need to refocus on how God is raising me. He is wanting to help me develop into this great woman of God, but am I allowing that. I used to be strong, no one could defeat me. But that i soon learned was not the truth. Well at least i needed to become stronger in some areas, and weak in others.

As I have ventured on in this life, but I am praying for strength to be a follower of Christ, not a leader of self.

No comments: